Sunday 18 February 2007

To Grunt or not to grunt ?



The other week I was attending my weekly kobo class (exercise using the controlled movements of Martial Arts, with a dash of Thai-boxing, mixed up with some high intensity aerobic dancercise to the backdrop of a funky dance tune). Before you say anything let me emphasise that this is NOT a GIRLY class !

Anyway the class is run by a highly energetic guy who is the British version of Mr T , the guy is a top motivator and a real entertainer and at the same time pushes the class to their physical limits.

My target is to become a lean mean fighting machine and to improve my overall cardio vascular fitness, anyway the issue I have is when I strain and push myself in the class I grunt and shriek and make lots of sound effects. My strategy is clear, I need to release all the energy in my body otherwise it tightens me up.

Although these sound effects allow me to push myself to new limits, they are annoying to the rest of the class. The moaining, groaning, grunting and occasional farting is disturbing the concentration and focus of the rest of the class.

Last Thursday the instructor was commenting on my martial arts-style howls, and when I was crying "AAAAHHH AAAAHHH UUUGGGHHH OOOOHHHH EEEEEEHHHHH" whilst performing my sit ups the other students were in hysterical laughter.

I mean if a man can no longer grunt in peace what's happening to the world we live in?

Check out this YouTube video, I'm not the only grunter in town !

No comments: