Tuesday 27 February 2007

GT Road


Today my company sent me on an advanced driving course, as part of a corporate health and safety drive. My trainer was an ex police driving instructor with over 30 years of driving experience, so I was really looking forward to a day of cruising with the opportunity to learn new motoring skills.

Driving a Honda CRV around the Hampshire countryside, the instructor was really impressed with my smooth but assertive driving style. Had I been on a similar course before? He asked, nope….this was the first course since my driving lessons all those years ago.

So where had I learnt all these advanced motoring skills? ….the Instructor was curious to find out and learn the secret of my advanced driving abilities.

Well I explained to him that during my visits to Pakistan, I had often experienced the white knuckle rides on the GT road. And from simply sitting in the passenger seat I had passively learnt the art of advanced driving by watching the masters at work.

If you can drive in the traffic of Lahore, dodge the obstacles on the GT road, and avoid mega potholes at 100 kmh you are most definitely an advanced motorist. Driving in the Hampshire countryside is a no brainer !

Well even the mighty have bad days, just like Michael Schumacher being bumped off the track by a back marker a white van driver today skidded and slammed his vehicle into the Honda CRV.


Definitely a case of “nazar lag gayi”.

No comments: