Sunday 18 February 2007

Charlie and the chocolate factory


Ever since reading Charlie and the chocolate factory as a little lad I was fascinated by the confectionary industry. All those lovely bright coloured sweets and the scrumptious chocolates – how were they made? Was there a magic formula ? Did Oompa Loompas really exist? Was there really a wild and wacky Willy Wonka running the show?

Finally in 2001 I was handed an opportunity to pursue my childhood dream of working for a confectionary company and I’ve recently gone back to work on a short term contract whilst I was between jobs.

Well having been on the inside I can reveal that unfortunately the Oompa Loompas have been replaced by fully automated state of the art chocolate making machines. But despite the industrialisation in the manufacturing process it’s still a fun place to work. The people, culture, and ways of working are great and I have learnt so much from my five years in the Chocolate factory.
Thank you & goodby to the chocolate factory !

Photo of the market finance team; Louise, Paul, Asif, Jane, Lynn, James, Nathan & Rachel.

No comments: