Saturday 17 March 2007

Dark day for Pakistani cricket, Golden day for the Irish




Watching Pakistan put up a poor and pathetic performance against part timers Ireland has made me feel physically sick.

I've been eating bar after bar of chocolate to let the sweet taste of confectionary overcome the bitter taste of defeat as I witness my cricket team lose another game, and what makes this so difficult to acknowledge is the opposition and nature of the game the Pakistanis have been playing over recent times.

This is only the world cup, a tournament held every four years and after the disastrous performance of the last campaign in South Africa when Pakistan were sent packing after the first round it seems the team have learnt nothing.

With my calorie intake in the last thirty minutes exceeding the total runs Pakistan have scored throughout this tournament, I am signing off to consume some more chocolate and alleviate the emotional pain driven by the poor cricket.

Officially I’m now taking up golf and I suggest the current Pakistan cricket team, management & PCB all resign their positions as they are all disastrous at their jobs.

Well played to the Irish.

No comments: