Sunday 21 June 2009

Afridi the gladiator




You sensed the scene was set when the Black Eyed Peas came out with the
track "Boom Boom Pow"

Enter Afridi the gladiator, swaying his mighty bat and when he has
completed the kill he stands in the middle of the arena arm lofted playing
to the blood thirsty crowds. Surely when Afridi is in that pose, arms
raised, beaming smile, chest out.....you sense that he is about to come out
with the lines..........

"I am Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi. General to the armies of the
North West. A loyal servant to Younus Khan, the real captain of Pakistan.
Obedient son of a wounded nation, friend of a dead coach, and I will have
my vengeance in this T20 match"

And the vengeance was there, delivering a mature innings he was the real star

"I like that boom boom pow
Them chicks is jackin my style
They try to copy my swagger"

Balle Balle what swagger !!

"I'm on that supersonic boom"

The Sri Lankans & the South Africans were rocked by that sonic BOOM

"I'm a beast when you turn me on"

From the cornered tigers of the 1992 world cup to Afridi the lion in 2009,
the fighting instincts of the Pakistani cricket team lives on.

Pakistan Zindabad

No comments: