Tuesday 29 April 2008

From Team to Eam






April 26th 2008 and the first trek of the year in Cheddar Gorge.

Spring was definitely in the air, with the sun shining on us as we climbed the 100 metre heights of the UK's largest gorge. My lunch box weighed me down as I struggled to make my way up to the top of the cliffs, in hindsight 3 litres of fluid, 3 sub rolls, 2 energy bars, 5 bananas, 4 apples were maybe a little too much. Clearly I need to carry less of the food mountain and climb more !!

The challenge for me is now to improve my fitness and be ready for the next climb at the end of May in the Peak district, this time I'll be leading from the front for sure !

Our long serving buddy Tiger Tony aka Tari aka Tahir aka "T" a veteran of many a walk let down the boys and failed to turn up, hence the Team without "T" ended up as an EAM.

A message to T - papa stop making excuses, and get your butt down to the Peak district next month ! We sense that you're under the thumb, don't be a caged tiger it's time to roam free & enjoy the great outdoors with the lads.

As the pictures show the EAM had a great time, we even discovered our very own Mission Impossible stunt man ready to abseil from nearly 400 feet !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is the crazy guy looking over the cliff?

dhoosra said...

Crazy guy is an extreme sports junkie.
He is looking for a wife, but found nothing over the cliff.

Oh well, maybe the next walk.......